| || |
| Första sidan | Undersökningar | Nyhetsbrev | Personlighetssanalys | Kontakt | Login |
| || MAGNUS NILSSON |
Lövskogsgatan 19, Apt 78
413 20 Gothenburg, Sweden
Mobile: +46 732 564285
| || |
| || |
Magnus Nilsson (born 1976) works as a European Patent Attorney (EPA) and Business Unit Manager for Awapatent AB in Gothenburg, Sweden, where he currently practices in all aspects of intellectual property law with a particular focus on digital computer technology, mobile telephone technology and opto-electronics. After obtaining his Masters degree, Mr. Nilsson joined Motorola Australia Pty. Ltd., as a Senior Research engineer, working on research and design in the field of image and video processing. The main focus was on algorithm development and implementation of fast and compact embedded image processing modules.
Mr. Nilsson is the author and co-author of four conference papers, co-author of three research journal papers, and co-inventor of a published patent disclosure.
Awapatent AB Sept. 2004 - Present
Awapatent is one of Europe's leading specialists in patents, trademarks and registered designs. Awapatent has offices in Malmö, Helsingborg, Växjö, Göteborg, Stockholm, Linköping, Jönköping, Norrköping, Söderhamn and Östersund (Sweden), in Copenhagen (Denmark), and in Munich (Germany). Awapatent has approximately 300 employees.
Position: European Patent Attorney, Business Unit Manager
- Drafts and negotiates nondisclosure agreements, license agreements, and other agreements involving the use, transfer, or ownership of intellectual property.
- Reviews invention disclosure materials, coordinates patent and licensing procedures, and drafts selected patent documents.
- Assists in developing policies and procedures for the treatment of ideas, inventions, copyrightable materials, trademarks, and technology transfer.
- Conducts seminars on such topics as copyrights, patent procedures, trademarks, conflicts of interest, confidentiality, and research fraud.
- Recruiting, budget, managing of business unit (10+ persons). Report to VP.
Literature and databases related to the subject.
Turntable IT Solutions Jan. 2004 - Aug. 2004
Turntable IT Solutions strategy is to provide effective it-solutions in an interesting price range. Clients are in the small to mid range business segment. Turntable IT Solutions develops single and multi user information systems, and interactive web solutions with ASP or PHP and using databases like Interbase, Sybase and MySQL.
Position: Marketing and web development
- Design and implementation of interactive web solutions using ASP and PHP.
- Database and search engine design.
- Business development and marketing.
PHP, ASP, HTML, DHTML, Interbase, Sybase and MySQL
Motorola Australia Pty. Ltd. Feb. 2002 - Dec. 2003
The Motorola Australian Research Centre (MARC) is part of the Motorola Technology Centre, located in Botany, NSW. The centre was created in 1995 to develop innovative technologies that will drive the company's future business growth. The focus of its work is on technologies for speech, image and video processing, networks and communications systems.
Position: Senior Research Engineer
Research and design work in the field of image and video processing, with main focus on algorithm development and implementation of fast and compact embedded image processing modules.
- Design, simulation, implementation/layout and testing of full custom control circuitry for full custom CMOS image sensor.
- Video encoder and I2C control of first version of CMOS based Smart Surveillance Camera.
- Lead and participate in the implementation of first architecture for the second version of CMOS based Smart Surveillance Camera.
- Plan, lead and participate in the integration of multiple SXGA sensors.
- Plan and lead the subjective testing and participate in the objective testing of Smart Surveillance Camera.
- Plan, lead and participation in the initial steps for network integration of Smart Surveillance Camera, including integration with MPEG4 encoding and web-based camera control.
- Initiation and implementation of a novel brightness enhancement.
- Formulation and implementation of a neat hardware friendly solution for gamma and sin/cos function approximation.
- Author and co-author of three conference papers.
- Co-author of three research journal papers.
- Co-inventor of a patent disclosure pursued for filing.
- Preparation and demonstration at the CeBit Sydney 2003 exhibition (flyer printing, setup of the booth and customer communication), plus numerous demonstrations for visitors.
- Research presentation delivered at University of Technology Sydney.
- Research experimentation setup, data gathering and analysis for video quality improvement on CMOS camera platform.
Visual C++, JAVA, Perl, Matlab, Cadence IC tools, Xilinx FPGA's and tools, Mentor Graphics tools.
Ericsson Microwave Systems AB May 1999 - Feb. 2001
Ericsson Microwave Systems is primarily focused on defence customers, with core areas of expertise in microwave technology and high-speed electronics and the research is mainly conducted in these areas. The product development includes design of microwave antennas, transmitters, receivers, software for target tracking, threat evaluation, command & control, communication management and high-speed electronics.
Position: Research Engineer
Research and design in the field of advanced digital design for military high resolution radar systems.
- Research in the field of Radar systems, Direct Digital Synthesis and Fourier Transform (FFT).
- Circuit Board construction and evaluation for high performance military radar systems.
- Analysis of implemented real time system, resulting in technical reports, presentations and recommendations for further research.
JAVA, C/C++, Matlab, Synopsis RTL tools, Xilinx FPGA's and tools, Mentor Graphics tools.
Master of Computer & Information Engineering Jun. 2000 - Nov. 2001
Griffith University, Brisbane, QLD, Australia
The postgraduate degree "Master of Computer and Information Engineering" is a combined degree; including 50% research and 50% course work. Research was conducted in the field of Speaker verification and Speaker recognition, and a software program was developed in JAVA for Speaker verification. Extended research was also made on Fourier transform, and a RTL hardware implementation of a Fast Fourier Transform (FFT) module was made. The major of the course work was in the area of Advanced Signal Processing.
Master Thesis: "FFT, Realization and Implementation in FPGA" (Part 1) and "Speaker verification in JAVA" (Part 2)
Awarded Griffith Award for Academic Excellence 2001.
Bachelor of Science in Electronical Engineering Aug. 1996 - May 2000
Chalmers University of Technology, Gothenburg, Sweden
France Langue, Nice, France
The undergraduate degree "Bachelor of Science in Electronical Engineering" was conducted at Chalmers University of Technology, with major in Micro Processor systems. Studies were also focused on Maths, Programming, Signal Processing, VHDL and logical synthesis, EMC and Design for manufacturing. Extended French language training was studied at France Langue in Nice, France.
Bachelor Thesis: "Realization of a Sigma-Delta Modulator in FPGA"
Lichman S, Weerasinghe C, Li W, Nilsson M. "Motion Area Tracking for a Smart Video Surveillance Camera". Submitted to IEEE Transaction on Consumer Electronics.
Weerasinghe C, Wanqing Li, Kharitonenko, I, Nilsson M, Twelves S. "Novel Color Processing Architecture for Complementary Metal Oxide Semiconductor Image Sensors". IEEE Transactions on Consumer Electronics, Vol. 51, Issue. 4, Nov 2005.
Weerasinghe C, Nilsson M, Lichman S, Kharitonenko I. "Digital Zoom Camera with Image Sharpening and Noise Suppression". IEEE Transactions on Consumer Electronics, Vol. 50, No. 3, August 2004.
Nilsson M. et al. "Design and Implementation of a CMOS Sensor Based Video Camera Incorporating a Combined AWB/AEC Module". IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing 2003 (ICASSP '03).
Hammadou, T., Nilsson, M., Ogunbona, P.: "A 96x64 Intelligent Digital Pixel Array With Extended Binary Stochastic Arithmetic". IEEE International Symposium on Circuits and Systems 2003 (ISCAS '03).
Hammadou, T., Boussaid, F., Nilsson, M.: "Low Cost Single Chip CMOS Camera for Automotive Application". IEEE International Conference on Consumer Electronics 2002 (ICCE'02). Digest of Technical Papers.
Nilsson, M., Paliwal, K. K.: "Speaker Verification in Software and Hardware". Microelectronic Engineering Research Conference (MERC'01).
Weerasinghe C, Nilsson M, Shi Y. "Variable color saturation in an image capture system". Publisched Jul. 6 2006.
"Design and Implementation of a CMOS Sensor Based Video Camera Incorporating a Combined AWB/AEC Module". Computer Vision & Image Processing Workshop 2003, University Of Technology Sydney, [http://www-staff.it.uts.edu.au/~massimo/CVIP2003.html].
"Speaker Verification in Software and Hardware". Microelectronic Engineering Research Conference 2001, Griffith University, [http://maxwell.me.gu.edu.au/school/merc/home.html].
IEEE Member Since 2000
IEEE Computer Society Since 2002
IEEE Signal Processing Society Since 2002
CV Magnus Nilsson PDF file
CeBit 2003 Sydney flyer. PDF file
FFT, Realization and Implementation in FPGA. ZIP file
Speaker verification in JAVA. ZIP file
Realization of a Sigma-Delta Modulator in FPGA. ZIP file
| || |